As companies create more and more data, the need for employees specializing in storage systems increases.
Data storage roles in the US are expected to grow 5% from 2018 to 2028, creating 18,200 job openings Zippi.
Below is information on the job market for data storage:
data storage market
The data storage market was valued at US$58.4 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach US$128.94 billion by 2030, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% from 2022 to 2030 Verified Market Research.
Geographically, the growth in the data recovery market is being driven most strongly in North America, closely followed by Europe and Asia Pacific.
In terms of industry, several sectors are driving data storage demand: Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI); IT; Telecommunications; Government; and health care.
Types of data storage jobs
Various tasks in data engineering, data management and IT are linked to data storagecorresponding Zippi:
- System engineer: Design storage area network solutions, generate and monitor systems related to production and manufacturing of enterprise products, respond to needsand created plans to fix technical difficulties
- Storage Engineer: Facilitates and guides the processes of data storage and plans storage strategies
- Storage Administrator: manages the storage platform and resolves all issues, such as B. Security breaches and installation of storage systems and retrieval of data and information
- Storage Specialist: manages storage infrastructure, generates reports, provides technical guidance to staff, optimizes storage infrastructure for best results, and troubleshoots critical issues
- Storage Advisor: knows everything dudeInformation about available storage hardware and software, their benefits and suggested solutions
training in data storage
Overall, according to Zippia, 55.5% of data storage professionals have a bachelor’s degree and 6.7% have a master’s degree.
However, it is possible to achieve a camp-related position with just a high school diploma or a certificate.
Recommended bachelor’s degrees are Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, Cybersecurity, and Software Engineering. The recommended master’s degrees are data science and cloud computing.
- Hitachi Vantara Qualified Professional Storage Administration
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA), ONTAP
- Dell Technologies Certified Associate, Information Storage and Management v5
- HPE Master ASE: Storage Solution Architect v3
Vacancies for data storage
There are thousands of data storage related jobs listed on various job boards including:
Many top technology companies are hiring for jobs related to data storage roles, including:
- Sales specialist for storage software
- Commercial warehousing specialist
- zOS/MVS storage specialist
- Storage and Backup Advisor
- Pre-stock sale
- Storage category manager
- Front End Engineer, AWS Storage Gateway
- Storage Solutions Architect, Energy Accounts, WWSO Storage
- Solution Architect, Storage
Data Storage Salaries
The table below shows the estimated median annual salaries for a selection of data storage positions, acc glass door:
The fast-growing field of data storage is creating job opportunities across the technology industry. Multiple specialized data storage roles focus on different phases and types of storage, from a leading storage engineer storage processes to a storage consultant responsible for proposed solutions. Leading technology companies are among the many organizations looking to fill data storage jobs as companies work to better store and manage their growing volumes of data.