Local serial entrepreneur and veteran releases a new book about leadership in care, in which she and her co-authors share insights into her stories
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES, Sept. 19, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Rakiema Sellars-Pompey, RN, along with her mentor Veronica Southerland, FNP-BC, and 17 other nurses announce their latest project, A Nurse’s Journey to Entrepreneurship on. Pompey-Sellers owns San Diego’s own Lotus Drip Wellness Suite, Lotus Wellness Screening & Diagnostics and Rakiema Sellers Consulting.
This book is the culmination of decades of work in the nursing industry – from growing up dreaming of nursing to overcoming adversities such as racial differences, teenage pregnancy and language barriers to see their childhood dreams become a reality. This book will be available beginning September 25, 2022, on Vee The NP Day in Atlanta, Georgia.
In January 2022, these 18 nurses joined Southerland, also known as Vee The NP, for a six month intensive business builder programme. During this program, these nurses learned high-level business practices as well as daily growth tactics. They are now owners of health businesses in states across the country.
“Creating a business-oriented mentoring program for nurses is easy for me, almost a no-brainer,” Southerland said. “I’m a serial entrepreneur with a few successful companies in my portfolio. But it doesn’t mean much to me unless I’m tutoring my fellow nurses who want options in addition to their bedside role. I’ve learned MANY lessons in my decades in the business. My calling is to pour out everything I’ve learned.”
“I believe in the power of healthcare in our community,” Sellars-Pompey said. “As a veteran, I know how important service is. As a multiple entrepreneur, I know the value of hard work. What I’ve learned through the process of writing and publishing this book is that every step I took to get to this place was worth it. Readers will see how much time and energy, heart and soul we nurses put into our craft. I am thrilled to share my part of the larger nursing story.”
The introduction of A Nurse’s Journey To Entrepreneurship serves as a culmination for these nurses. Each of them wrote their own story and incorporated it into the fabric of the history of entrepreneurship in care.
BOOK THE WEEKEND
These nurses will gather in Atlanta September 23-25, 2022. On September 23, they will present at South Atlanta High School before the Health Occupations Students of America program. Charitable projects are held on Saturday.
The Book Launch Business Bestie Lunch will be held on Sunday, September 25 on Vee The NP Day in Atlanta from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Le Meridien Perimeter Atlanta, 111 Perimeter Center W, Atlanta, GA 30346 and tickets are available by clicking here. Crystana “Duchess” Lattimore, a former reality star turned entrepreneur and now a Mentor Me student, will join Southerland on the couch to chat with a friend about life as a woman in business.
Only 50 tickets are available, giving attendees a chance to get their pressing business questions answered.
NURSES WHOSE STORIES ARE INCLUDED:
• Adriane M. Brown, MHA, BSN, RN – Washington
• Adrienne Cox, RN, BSN – Fla
• Alisha Cruz, ADN, RN – Delaware
• Brenda Parks DNP, APRN, MPH – Florida
• Christella Medozile MSN, LNC, APRN, FNP-BC – New York
• Cynthia Ambroise, RN, MSN, AGPCNP-BC – North Carolina
• Delana Newcoste Charles, RN, MLD-C – Louisiana
• Khadijah Fife Latham, BSN, RN – New York
• Kierra Ward, BSN, RN – Georgia
• LaTesha Dennard, RN, BSN, FNP(s) – Georgia
• Mirabelle Beck, MSN, FNP, NP-C – New York
• Novia Markes, MSN, APRN, FNP-C – Florida
• Paige Munk, ADN, RN – Missouri
• Qiana Brost, MSN, RN – Maryland
• Rakiema Sellars-Pompey, RN, BSN, CEN – California
• Sabrina Willis, MBA-HCA, BSN, RN CCPS, CPHQ – North Carolina
• Shaynae Smith, RN – Texas
• Sherry Williams, B.Ed., RN – Texas
• Veronica Southerland, RN, MSN, FNP-BC, DNP(s) – North Carolina
This book is available now on Amazon.
email us here