The start of fall means the end of another season in Johnson County – farmers market Season.
Some farmers markets across Johnson County have already begun closing as temperatures cool, including those in Merriam and order.
Others are preparing for their final days – some will close in the coming days and weeks.
Farmer’s Market Closing Dates in Johnson County
Farmer’s Market at Overland Park: The Overland Park Farmers’ Market has the longest remaining route in Johnson County, with its final day scheduled for Saturday, November 19th.
- However, residents of Overland Park will get another opportunity to shop for local goods from the same vendors in December holiday market.
- The farmers market celebrated its 40th anniversary this year and returned to the Pavilion in the city center at 7950 Marty Street for the first time in two years after operating temporarily from the Matt Ross Community Center parking lot during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The market is open from 8am to 12pm on Saturdays through November 19th.
Farmers market Lenexa: The Tuesday Lenexa Farmers Market concludes at the end of August, but the Saturday markets last until Saturday October 29th.
- Later in the winter the market will return for a few winter and holidays market dates.
- The Lenexa Farmers Market is located at 17201 West 87th Street Parkway on the first floor of Lenexa City Center.
- It is open every Saturday through October 29 from 8am to 12pm.
Shawnee Farmers Market: Shawnee Moonlight Market has its final Thursday night market on October 20th followed by its final Saturday market on October 29th.
- Both farmers markets are home to a range of local vendors, food trucks and entertainment venues.
- The Saturday farmer’s market runs from 7am to 12pm, while the Thursday evening moonlight market runs from 4pm to 8pm.
- Both markets are located at 11110 Johnson Drive in the Shawnee City Hall parking lot.
Farmer’s Market at Park Place: This coming Saturday, October 15th, is the end of the season for the Farmers’ Market at Leawood’s Park Place Shopping Center.
- In addition to the various local vendors, the market has hosted a number of events this season – such as children’s days, a fall festival and an Independence Day market.
- The market is open this Saturday from 7:30am to 12:00pm at 116th Place between Ash Street and Rosewood Street.
Olather farmers market: Olathe’s Wednesday farmers market is already closed for the season but the Saturday market will continue until October 22nd.
- According to the city’s website, most items sold at the market are made within a 250-mile radius of the city.
- The Saturday Farmer’s Market is located at 1205 East Kansas City Rd. in Stagecoach Park.
- It opens at 7:30 am every Saturday morning and closes when vendors are sold out.