The University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Teaching and Learning) at Nottingham University Business School China.
your main tasks
- To consistently deliver excellent teaching across a range of modules or within a subject area, while staying at the cutting edge of subject matter and modern teaching methods.
- Responsibility for the design and quality control of modules and/or courses in the department, ensuring that the curriculum is up-to-date and international.
- To design, develop and deliver a range of study programmes, sometimes for entirely new courses at different levels; Development of business cases based on market intelligence and commercial knowledge.
- Management of the curriculum in your own subject area; Design and conduct appraisals, evaluations and feedback.
- To take an active role in influencing the practice of consistently excellent teaching throughout the academic unit by disseminating evidence-based developments in curriculum design, early adoption and promotion of enabling technologies and pedagogies.
- Engage in teaching and learning related to one’s discipline and/or build a national reputation in the discipline.
- Contribute to the teaching and learning policy/strategy in the academic unit.
- Leading and participating in outreach and community engagement activities on behalf of the school and university.
- Acquire and apply expertise in the use of enabling technologies to support student experience and learning, and to support collaborative and efficient work; Mentoring younger colleagues in adopting these technologies.
- Leading and building external networks, for example with external examiners and assessors and/or other active scientists in the department and/or university education; Establish links with external contacts such as other educational institutions, employers and professional institutes to promote collaboration and the use and transfer of knowledge.
- PhD in Entrepreneurship and Innovation or a relevant subject area.
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in a subject/discipline at universities.
- Extensive experience and proven success in developing teaching and learning methods and coaching colleagues.
- Good experience and achievements in the chosen field reflected in an established national and growing international reputation.
- Extensive experience and proven success in delivering instruction within an agreed quality framework and using a range of delivery techniques and technologies to inspire and engage students.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in the science of teaching and learning related to one’s discipline and to lead outreach and community engagements.
- Proven experience in managing projects related to own work area and organizing external activities such as internships and excursions.
- Involvement in the development of political and administrative affairs within the school and university.
- Experience in teaching, supervising and/or developing executive education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Join a unique British university in China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Offering British-style education, this award-winning Ningbo campus has grown to a student body of over 9,000 in just 18 years. A key component of UNNC, Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) China is an integral part of Nottingham University Business School, which awards the same internationally recognized degrees Nottingham offers in the UK. We are a young business school with a strong international and research-oriented focus and are accredited by the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – the world’s most recognized quality assurance standards for accounting and business education.
We have increased our focus on high-impact research, tailored continuing education and quality teaching. We have a vibrant research community that emphasizes research excellence. NUBS China is an international academic gateway for research on business, finance and economics in China and a center of excellence for Chinese companies operating globally.
Your Compensation, Benefits and Support
Successful candidates will be offered a five-year contract, renewable by mutual agreement. Salary ranges from RMB606,426 to RMB720,242 per year depending on skills and experience (salary growth beyond this scale is performance dependent). We strive to offer competitive employment packages while supporting the well-being of our employees to enable them to reach their full potential. We offer highly competitive salary packages internationally and you have a range of benefits and entitlements such as: Depending on your eligibility to apply, you will be offered a broader range of application opportunities for Chinese talent programs.
How to apply
Applicants should submit their application via our online application system by October 31, 2022 at
Only online applications at (http://job.nottingham.edu.cn) will be accepted. The speakers will be contacted prior to the interview and the interviews will take place in Ningbo, China.
Inquiries about these vacancies can be sent informally to Professor David Phang, Head of the Department of Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Management Systems, Nottingham University Business School China, via email: [email protected] If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Human Resources Office, tel: 86 574 88180000 (ext. 8854), email: [email protected]
equality and difference
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing our students and staff with a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment. It is our intention to ensure that applicants and employees are treated solely on the basis of their merit, ability and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, national origin, ethnic or national origin, age, socio-economic background, disability, religion or political beliefs, union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation, or other irrelevant distinctions.