- Regional winners from London and South East, Midlands and South West, North and Scotland will gather this November for the UK Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 Dinner
- EY names 22 entrepreneurs from 20 companies to be celebrated for their entrepreneurial spirit and achievements
- Winners represent a variety of industries including consumer, technology and healthcare
London, Tuesday, September 20, 2022 – EY has announced the UK finalists for its EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Program based on regional races.
Entrepreneur Of The Year recognizes leaders with inspirational stories—those who create lasting value, reshape our future, and contribute beyond profit to purpose. Entrepreneurship can be challenging and isolating, so the program goes beyond a competition and allows leaders to reflect on their achievements and share their most pressing challenges with like-minded individuals in this stellar entrepreneurial community.
The finalists for the 2022 UK Entrepreneur of the Year are:
- Jonathan Petrides, founder of allplants
- Mark Kotter, Founder and CEO of bit.bio
- David MacDonald, Owner and Director of Cullen Packaging
- James Sharpe, co-founder and CEO of Fabulosa
- Gurdev Mattu, Managing Director of Fashion UK
- Timo Boldt, Founder and CEO of Gousto
- Martin Bysh and Paul Dodd, CEO and CTO of Huboo Technologies
- Don McLean, CEO of Integrated Environmental Solutions
- Brenda McLeish OBE, CEO of the Learning Curve Group
- Hannah Donaldson, CEO of the Meet Group
- Nick Mother, CEO of MOOT
- Christy Foster, Managing Director of Online4baby
- Liz Ashall-Payne, Founding CEO of ORCHA
- Federico Charosky, CEO of Quorum Cyber
- Melissa Snover, Founder and CEO of Rem3dy Health
- Mike Callachan, Founder and CEO of Snappy Shopper
- dr Jagdeep Hans, CEO of The Real Good Dental Company
- Tina Warner-Keogh and Tom Warner, co-founders and co-CEOs of Warner’s Distillery
- Frank Barrett, CEO of Woodall Nicholson
- Philip Belamant, co-founder and CEO of Zilch Technology
Lynn Rattigan, EY’s Chief Operating Office for the UK and Ireland and Partner Sponsor of Entrepreneur Of The Year UK, said: “This year’s cohort demonstrated how leaders live up to their responsibilities as role models and continue to inspire the next generation. We thank them for their positive impact on their teams, the UK economy and our communities. I feel privileged to be part of this incredible community.”
Victoria Price UK EY Private Tax Leader and Entrepreneur Of The Year UK Partner Lead said: “I feel so inspired to work every day with such incredible leaders, demonstrating the breadth of business talent across the country. These business leaders have shown me their drive, innovation and ambition while creating long-term value for their communities.”
Judging for Entrepreneur Of The Year 2022 UK will take place in October by a panel of prominent business leaders including:
UK headline sponsor of Entrepreneur Of The Year is leading Swiss wealth management group Julius Baer.
David Durlacher, CEO of Julius Baer International Limited, said: “We at Julius Baer extend our heartiest congratulations to all of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2022 UK finalists.
“We are proud to be the lead sponsor of a program that so consistently demonstrates the high level of innovation and determination within our entrepreneurial community here in the UK. Each entrepreneur brings a unique and fascinating story behind their achievements and we were fortunate to meet and learn from many during last year’s program and this year. While we send them all the best for the finals later this year, we also look forward to seeing the new heights that everyone will no doubt reach!”
The overall winner of Entrepreneur Of The Year UK will be announced in November. They will represent the UK at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ ceremony in summer 2023, a gathering of the most inspiring entrepreneurs from around the world.